Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kale Chips

Last night was my first attempt at making kale chips. I've been using it in salads for a while now but had never thought to try baking them. It's super easy to make them and they taste delicious! My son ate an entire tray full of them today.

What You Need:

One bunch of kale
Oil (I used vegetable)
Salt

Instructions:

*I like to eat the kale stems, too. I use the thinner pieces and when they cook up they become soft and super yummy. You can cut or rip your kale off the stem if you want.*

Preheat oven to 350F.

Rip your kale into large-ish pieces and toss in some oil. Just enough to cover them. Sprinkle lightly with salt and then spread a layer onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. I used my silicone baking sheet.

Then, bake until the edges are crispy. Mine were in there for about 11 minutes. Ta-da!

I put mine into a bowl with a lid right away and left them on the counter overnight. That was a mistake! I woke this morning to a bowl of soggy chips. Oops. But, I just popped them back in a 350F oven for 10 minutes and they were good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment