Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jello Poke Cake

I had never heard of this until Pinterest (that site has done so much for my life!) and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it. I'm not the world's biggest Jello fan, but I'm a huge fan of cake. It's pretty much my best friend.

This cake is simple, especially if you want to be lazy, like me, and use a boxed cake mix.

All you do:

Make your cake according to the box directions (I made a confetti cake).
Make your Jello according to the box (I used strawberry.) Don't let it set!
Once your cake is out of the oven and partially cooled poke the entire top with a fork. Then, pour your liquid Jello mix over the cake.

Keep this in the fridge until you're ready to serve (at least 2 hours). Top with whipped cream and then try not to eat the entire cake in one evening (this was hard for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment