Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Countdown: Day 6!

Today's craft is one for your Christmas tree. I love homemade ornaments on our tree, especially ones that my kids make. Today was actually a day of two crafts. The first one was made at our playgroup so I can't take the credit for it. I'm sure you've seen recipes pinned all over Pinterest about Cinnamon Ornaments.

These smell so good. Really, really good. This recipe contains glue so they are not edible...not that you'd want to eat so much cinnamon in one go.

Now, my toddler did these so they're not perfect but they are still pretty cute and he was so excited to make them. Plus, did I mentioned that they smell good?


Our second ornament is a...

Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree!

What You'll Need:

1. Popsicle sticks
2. Garden shears
3. Green paint
4. Glitter glue
5. Hot glue gun
6. Ribbon
7. Yellow craft paper

How to Make it:

 I found that garden shears were the easiest tool for trimming your popsicle sticks; but, you could try scissors if you wanted to. I found that gave me jagged ends, though.

1. Keep one popsicle stick out of your pile. This will be the main body of your tree. Trim the rest of your popsicle sticks in sizes varying from large to small. You can have as few or as many sticks as you'd like. I liked it with gaps between.

2. Paint your popsicle sticks green and let them dry. 
3. Use your hot glue to attach your trimmed popsicle sticks to the stick you reserved.
4. Decorate your tree with your glitter glue! Really, you can decorate it with anything from pom-poms and buttons to paint and stickers. But I do like some glitter.
5. Cut a star out of your yellow paper and hot glue it to the top of your tree.
6. Cut out a strip of ribbon, form into a ribbon, and hot glue to the back of your tree. I found it was easier to glue the ends of the ribbon together before attaching it to the tree.




And that's it! You have a Christmas tree ornament!


No comments:

Post a Comment